Monday, March 07, 2011

SXSW 2011 Mix #1 [15 Tracks from 15 of the Artists with the Largest Markets]


SXSW 2011 is upon us. To celebrate this festival, I toast with a mix:



This full-length mix is meant for those interested in who the premiere groups which SXSW is showcasing this upcoming weekend. I plan to be in attendance [about a 6-hour drive away]. I plan on folding down the seats and sleeping in back of my car. I have gone with zero dollars before, and its fun even if all you can do is eat and walk the streets amongst the crowd of tens-of-thousands. Last year I got lost among the hundreds of musical groups, so I decided to do the world a service and post 15 tracks from the 15 biggest artists that everyone knows or should know, just in time for SXSW 2011:




1. Asobi Seksu
Track: Thursday

2. Devotchka
Track: 100 Other Lovers

3. Erykah Badu
Track: Gone Baby, Don’t Be Long

4. God-Des & She
Track: Respect My Fresh

5. James Blake
Track: Mount Kimbie - Maybes [James Blake Remix]

6. John Vanderslice
Track: Sea Salt

7. Klaxons
Track: Echoes

8. Micachu And The Shapes
Track: Calculator

9. MSTRKRFT
Track: Easy Love

10. Noah and The Whale
Track: 5 Years Time

11. Skrillex
Track: Fucking Die 2 (€€ Cooper Mix)

12. Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin
Track: I Am Warm And Powerful

13. Sondre Lerche
Track: Everyone’s Rooting For You [with the Faces Down Orchestra]

14. Toro y Moi
Track: Minors

15. Wye Oak
Track: I Hope You Die





Until I see you on the other side, here's to dreams of the sweet Austin skyline

No comments: