Saturday, March 05, 2011

Artist Under: James Blake - Four Songs For Quick Revue

Here are four albums with one song example from each. They are all EP's or singles by James Blake, released within the last two years. Below are small writings on or around each.



James Blake - Air and the Lack Thereof

Sparing The Horses [2009] MP3

Quiet intro until builds into snaps where the mind’s edges clap together. Syncopate the tune please and quit freaking me out, man. Oh wait, those vox, so great. Thanks.


James Blake - The Bells Sketch EP

The Bells Sketch [2010] MP3

The Bells Sketch has a long-ol’ intro, though the meltdown of skin and bone once arrival occurs is quite nice. My ears started twisting, and the music screwed itself into the brain canal. The music was a clamp upon the back of my neck. James Blake is a manipulator of the hand which affects.


James Blake - CMYK EP

CMYK [2010] MP3

The beginnings of science and questioning, an omniplex polytone with no colors yet known till the sprinkling of light into our eyes. Look I found oh it’s inside me. DAMN. Found her… please listen to this so I don’t guess at the meaning alone any longer. It’s nice, to be played on speakers, or powder, or New Year’s.


James Blake - Klavierwerke EP

Tell Her Safe [2010] MP3

Who’s yelling in the bathtub, oh my love? How did you fit a piano into the space within my brain. How did the tinkling and clicking enter my bloodstream, and swim through as if a clipper ship, so narrow and thin.

No comments: