Saturday, November 27, 2010

-giving Day: Clap Your Hands Say Yeah Official Live EP



Editor's Note /// As you can tell, I recently ended the hiatus on this blog. On this Thanksgiving, I decided to check which post had the most re-upload requests and update its mp3's. For those who commented, sorry for the lost years. For newer viewers, here is an EP I picked up at a concert with the same line-up in Central Park, 2006. This EP was only being offered at the shows. All songs are live versions of songs the bands had previously recorded. Enjoy!


MP3's:

01 Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Some Loud Thunder (Live)
02 Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Gimme Some Salt (Live)
03 Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth (Live)
04 Architecture In Helsinki - Feather In A Baseball Cap (Live)
05 Architecture In Helsinki - It's 5! (Live)
06 Takka Takka - They Built You Up Too Fast (Live)

OR Torrent

///Editor's Note Over\\\



Written September 29, 2006:

On Thursday, September 28th I attended a concert in Central Park. The bands that played were (chronologically) Takka Takka, Architecture in Helsinki, and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. I attended the show with Caleb Oakes and Julie Jackson.


We got there early enough to find a decent spot to sit/stand, and I went to the merch area near the beginning. There I found a Fall 2006 Tour EP with live songs by all three bands. Mp3s from the Fall 2006 Tour EP are at the top of this post.

Takka Takka opened:




















It was a pleasure to listen to some of their instrumentation.

Next was Architecture In Helsinki:






















The portion of the concert where Architecture In Helsinki played was rather bizarre. I was amazed by how strange it was. There was a lot of instrumentation and switching instruments and flashing lights. I expected there to be more people on stage, though. I was not sure if Clap Your Hands Say Yeah would be able to get as good of a response from the audience as AIH, but I was wrong.

Last was Clap Your Hands Say Yeah:



Clap Your Hands' set was quite fun. After AIH wore me out with the huge multitude of songs that they played, it was nice to feel like dancing again. Clap Your Hands got an encore at the end, and played two songs, one being a Dylan cover. They were my favorite act of the night, with a healthy balance between good musicianship and fun vocals/dancing.


Lastly, there is the Fall 2006 Tour EP put out by CYHSY, AIH, and Takka Takka. I gave it a good listen through and am glad I bought it, especially as they seemed to be in short supply at the merch area. The inside of the EP lists the names of the three artists, says "Fall Tour 2006", and lists many upcoming autumn shows. It then has the tracklisting and information and says:

"01 Some Loud Thunder - CYHSY
02 Gimme Some Salt - CYHSY
03 The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth - CYHSY

Live on April 15th, 2006 at the Bowery Ballroom, NYC
Recorded and mixed by Wild Bill Handlin

04 Feather In A Baseball Cap - AIH
Live on November 3rd, 2005 at Brudnell Social Club, Leeds UK
Engineered by Haima Marriot

05 It's 5! - AIH
Recorded May 3rd, 2006 in a motel in Brussels, Belgium
Thanks to JErUme Colin and all his helpers at Vox.
www.vox.skynetblogs.be

06 They Built You Up Too Fast - TT
Live on August 11th, 2006 at the Mercury Lounge, NYC

All Tracks Mastered by Joe Lambert at Truetone Mastering
art & design: Robbie Guertin & Cameron Bird

www.clapyourhandssayyeah.com
www.architectureinhelsinki.com
www.takkatakkamusic.com "

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

which Dylan song did they play?

Anonymous said...

I think it was "Love is a 4 Letter Word"

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting these!!!! I can't make it the shows to pick this up. I think the link for the first song might be broken, i could download everything else. thanks again!!!

The Concert Room said...

I tried the link to the first song, and it worked. It also allowed me to download the song. If it needs to be re-linked, let me know, and let me know what is going wrong - I'll do my best to fix it. My pleasure, thanks for visiting.

Anonymous said...

Ahh the songs do not work anymore

Anonymous said...

hey man.. any chance of reposting the tracks??? been looking for these for a while..seen them over here in the UK absolutley amazing..see what you can do !!!
cheers chris

The Concert Room said...

Editor's Note to Anon & Chris / / The tracks have been fixed.