Monday, January 01, 2007

Best of 2006 (Specific Categories)

Specific Categories:

Best Album Art of the Year:
Anathallo's Floating World (not just the outside, but the inside too!)

Best Album Title of the Year: The Sleepy Jackson's Personality - One Was a Spider One Was a Bird; Neil Young's Living With War; Yo La Tengo's I'm Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass; Camera Obscura's Let's Get Out Of This Country; Brand New's The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me

Best New Band Names of the Year: Margot and the Nuclear So And So's, the easy choice; The Raconteurs; Gnarls Barkley

Best Song of the Year? I am not going to do this. It is too blind. Fine, Joanna Newsom's "Emily." That is just a shot to the grey. At least I didn't say "Crazy."

Best Vocals of the Year: Neko Case (and you thought that I would say My Bright Diamond).

Best Lyricist of the Year, according to their lyrical abilities: Joanna Newsom

Best Concerts of the Year (that I attended):

1. Sufjan Stevens w/ My Brightest Diamond at The Town Hall in New York City (September)
2. Joanna Newsom at Webster Hall in New York City (November)
3. Bright Eyes w/ Gruff Rhys in Victoria, BC, Canada (June)
4. Final Fantasy at The Conservatory in OKlahoma City (August)
5. Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins at The Town Hall in New York City (October)
6. Tilly and the Wall at Maxwell's in Hoboken, New Jersey (October)
7. Anathallo w/ Page France at Maxwell's om Hoboken, New Jersey (December)
8. Danielson at The Conservatory in Oklahoma City (July)
9. Cursive at Webster Hall in New York City (October)
10. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah w/ Architecture in Helsinki at Central Park in New York City (September)

Honorable Mentions: I saw Sufjan Stevens at a Casey Dienel concert; The Woody Allen Jazz Band concert featured Woody Allen, my third favor Jew (third only to Jesus and Bob Dylan). I also forgot about Mates of State and Of Montreal. At least I think that those last two were '06.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1) bob dylan is jewish?
2) no that's really all